Baker & Taylor
Lego and Philosophy : Constructing Reality Brick by Brick
How profound is a little plastic building block? It turns out the answer is “very”! 22 chapters explore philosophy through the world of LEGO which encompasses the iconic brick itself as well as the animated televisions shows, feature films, a vibrant adult fan base with over a dozen yearly conventions, an educational robotics program, an award winning series of videogames, hundreds of books, magazines, and comics, a team-building workshop program for businesses and much, much more.
- Dives into the many philosophical ideas raised by LEGO bricks and the global multimedia phenomenon they have created
- Tackles metaphysical, logical, moral, and conceptual issues in a series of fascinating and stimulating essays
- Introduces key areas of philosophy through topics such as creativity and play, conformity and autonomy, consumption and culture, authenticity and identity, architecture, mathematics, intellectual property, business and environmental ethics
- Written by a global group of esteemed philosophers and LEGO fans
- A lively philosophical discussion of bricks, minifigures, and the LEGO world that will appeal to LEGO fans and armchair philosophers alike